Skidmore, Owings & Merrill is seeking an architectural professional to join its team in London.
At SOM, we are a collective committed to shaping a better future for our clients, communities and planet. We aspire to create the most sustainable, impactful work through creative, interdisciplinary teams with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. We value those who are passionate about excellence, innovation, integrity, inclusivity, and collaboration. Together we can achieve great things.
Success at SOM means:
- ideas: We believe in a meritocracy of ideas. We look to everyone to actively contribute to the discourse in the firm
- knowledge: We believe that expertise is the result of lifelong learning. We are not expected to know everything, but rather to passionately pursue answers, develop new skills and deepen our knowledge
- product: We strive for excellence in the concept, quality, and delivery of our work
- individual: We value individuals who bring the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity in the way they work. Each person can develop and contribute their wealth of attributes, skills and knowledge to support the overall health of the firm
- team: We value the power of interdisciplinary integration. A positive team culture in which everyone collaborates openly towards common goals is essential
- firm: We have a history of making transformative contributions to the profession and our communities. We are constantly innovating and attempting to bring new approaches, solutions and processes to our work
- contributes to the development of distinct portions of a project with periodic supervision by project leadership. Exhibits initiative, process innovation, problem-solving, and decision quality with a high attention to precision and accuracy at a task-specific level
- produces and coordinates presentation and contract deliverables such as diagrams, 3D models, drawings, renderings, physical models and animations
- effectively communicates internally through timely and appropriate written, oral, and visual means
- creates and innovates with a strong conceptual design ability and integrates interdisciplinary criteria to effectively move forward the design of a portion of a project
- actively collaborates at a project team level by critically and constructively evaluating ideas
- demonstrates an intermediate understanding of building materials, systems, specifications, codes, details and construction techniques. Is able to enrich design concepts through technical strategies and effectively uses appropriate tools to design and document at all project phases
- manages time and workload to meet project task deadlines and commitments with periodic interaction and direction from project leaders while sharing knowledge with less experienced staff
- minimum two years of professional experience; professional licensure process is in progress
- completion of a professional degree in Architecture or a related field
- demonstrates proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, parametric and rendering software, and other graphic software
- LEED accreditation preferred
Thank you for your interest in SOM. Please click here to apply directly on our career site.
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.