Angus Properties is an equal opportunities employer.
Job title: architectural assistant
Location: based in Belfast – the role may involve some travel throughout Northern Ireland, Ireland and the UK (valid driving licence and vehicle required)
Contract: one year fixed-term contract
Salary: dependent on experience
The successful candidate will be working in a fast-paced design and heritage lead architecture and property development company with a growing track record of delivering award winning projects. Angus Properties also work as the in-house architecture company for the wider business group including Argento Contemporary Jewellery and Lets Go Hydro resort.
The 12-month term will be predominately focused on the concept design development of a 44-acre aqua and leisure resort. This will include an exciting mix of projects such as a hotel, reception, office, spa, wedding venue, chapel, glamping accommodation as well indoor and outdoor water sports facilities.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate some knowledge or experience in designing some of the above and to share the enthusiasm for this type of work. It is important that the candidate be able to work at pace while delivering consistent quality as instructed. The candidate is joining a team that consists of a property manager, project architect and another Part 2 architectural assistant. Although the position is predominantly focused on concept design there will be exposure to live construction projects and there is opportunity to gain some on site experience in this regard.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following technical design expertise as well as these attributes:
- qualified to master’s degree or a comparable Part 2 level Architecture degree qualification
- strong concept design abilities through exceptional university projects or relevant work experience (such as design competitions or preplanning stage work)
- at least one year’s experience in a similar role
- proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe suite as a minimum
- excellent problem-solving and presentation skills
- can demonstrate knowledge of material properties and construction techniques
- some knowledge and experience of planning and building control desirable
- strong planning and organisational skills with good numerical and verbal skills
- excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- commercially focused with strong drive to deliver
- ability to multi-task and show initiative
Ideal candidates will be available to start the role immediately if successful in the recruitment and selection stage. Please note the company with not be able to put the candidate through their Part 3 training.
Job benefits and perks
Angus Properties mission is to encourage a high-performing culture so that we can be the most loved brand to work for.
We value and respect all our employees and to thank them for all their hard work, dedication and passion we offer a generous benefits package, to highlight only a few:
- annual leave and family friendly policies
- auto-enrolment pension scheme
- tax-free childcare scheme
- generous staff discount
- opportunity to progress
How to apply
If you are talented and passionate about our brand and have the drive to contribute to our success, please forward your CV and cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria by clicking the ‘apply’ link below.
Candidates who are offered employment will be required to produce proof of identification and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Angus Properties uses the criminal records bureau service to assess applicants’ suitability to work in positions of trust; candidates therefore may be asked to obtain a basic disclosure from the CRB.
Closing date: Friday 4th December 2020 at 5pm