Sacramento, CA, USLocation:
Sun, Nov 29 ’20Posted on:
BCA Architects is currently seeking a highly talented Project Manager to join our San Jose, Sacramento or Irvine office. This position will be responsible for independently managing projects across multiple clients/locales. He/she will be responsible for helping BCA Architects expand its presence in K-12, charter school, community college, commercial, retail and civic architectural commissions throughout California. The successful applicant must possess strong management skills when dealing with staff, consultants, clients and contractors and have a keen sense of developing, implementing and managing the fee, scope and schedule for a multitude of projects.
- Coordinate all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost effective execution of assigned projects.
- Prepare project work plans and schedules for project success.
- Serve as primary liaison contact with clients to complete projects on schedule, within budget and with maximum client satisfaction.
- Actively manage client budgets, schedules and programs.
- Actively manage project team budgets, schedules, design quality control, consultants, communications, documentation, administrative tasks and project team assignments.
- Estimate fees, confirm scope of work and prepare fee proposals and contracts.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of work of project architects and less experienced project managers.
- Present to clients and boards to garner support for vision/projects.
- California Licensed Architect preferred
- LEED® AP preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited architecture program
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with public K-12 and community college educational projects, and with the Department of the State Architect (DSA)
- Experience with Office of the Chancellor funding requirements, Office of Public School Construction (OPSC) funding, State Grant qualifications and eligibility (including Career Technical Education (CTE), High Performance Incentives and Joint Use funding)
- Expertise in programming, master planning and project design/documentation through close-out and certification with DSA
- Knowledge of public school project delivery methods: design-bid-build, design-build, CM-at-risk, lease-leaseback and related procurement and contract requirements
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience.
We offer an extensive benefits package for this position including:
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Performance-based Bonus
- Professional membership support and training opportunities
- Give back program offering company contribution on employee behalf to qualifying non-profit organizations
- Quarterly morale and team building events
BCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At this time BCA will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.